We Thought It Was Time to Release a Cat Video
Posted on 08/24/2012 @ 05:25 PM
With just over one week from CarolinaFest 2012, the Democratic National Convention-week kick off event . . .
. . . we thought it was time to release a cat video.
With visitors pouring in to the Queen City, we are looking forward to showing our guests how welcoming Charlotte is. Charlotte in 2012’s resident cat Fernando took us on a tour of the spots around Charlotte that feature his feline charm:
- Bank of America Stadium, home of the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and the final night of the convention where President Obama will accept his re-nomination in front of tens of thousands of people, many of them local residents who have received community credentials to attend the convention.
- Time Warner Cable Arena, home of the NBA’s Charlotte Bobcats and the first two official days of the convention.
- Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS): Charlotte’s bus system that visitors and residents can use to easily access Uptown Charlotte and CarolinaFest 2012, the convention week kick off event that is free and open to the public.
- LYNX Blue Line: The Queen City’s light rail system that visitors and residents can also use to access convention-related festivities and runs from Uptown Charlotte to I-485 near Pineville.
- Smelly Cat Coffee in the North Davidson (NoDa) area.