Digital and Social Media Specialist
Posted: Oct 5, 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC US
Company: 2012 Democratic National Convention Host Committee
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Start Date: Oct 30, 2011
POSTING DATE: September 29, 2011
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
POSITION: Digital and Social Media Specialist
DEPARTMENT: 2012 Democratic National Convention Host Committee Communications/Marketing Team
REPORTS TO: Senior Advisor for Communications & Marketing
CONTACT: Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter that describe relevant experience and qualifications to Tracy Russ, Senior Advisor for Communications & Marketing at email@example.com.
No phone calls.
The 2012 Democratic National Convention Host Committee seeks a digital and social media specialist with a proven track record of success in creating, implementing, managing, growing and reporting on digital and social media strategies and implementation of successful tactics.
This is a hands-on position, and candidates should be prepared to fulfill a large volume of daily tactical needs in support of cross-function strategic plans.
Selected interview candidates will be expected to send sample portfolio in online or PDF form and live web links, if available.
• Optimize web asset development/management, directly manage on-line assets and communities, assist in orchestration of digital campaigns and build social media presence, develop and integrate mobile application integration, enhance SEO, integrate with fundraising efforts, on-ground community engagement efforts and support earned media campaigns.
• Support fundraising goals, specifically related to strategies and tactics developed by Finance, Communications and Marketing teams
• Dialogue and advocate in social media outlets, manage responses to questions and inquiries
• Develop and manage narrative and video content across social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Vimeo and other platforms
• Develop and maintain content narrative and video content and technical functionalities of charlottein2012.com and mobile applications, and develop on-line and mobile strategies that will further optimize the Committee’s online and mobile presence
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies and solutions, and assist with design and implementation of cross-media opportunities; develop interactive tools and tactics to build quality and quantity of relationships with constituents
• Assist in design and development of key messaging and outreach tools including electronic presentations and collateral materials
• Work closely with other team members from across the Host Committee to implement aligned strategies and coordinate content and efforts with Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) staff
• Monitor online activity and produce weekly reports for use by Host Committee leadership
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors degree required
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills - gifted in translating these talents into social media efforts, tools and platforms
• Ability to concept, create, edit and place short videos and other electronic outreach
• 3-5 years of experience planning and implementing interactive digital and social media campaigns, with background in political advocacy or election campaigns a plus
• Strong skills in database and information technology management
• Strong skills in contact and audience development
• Ability to prioritize, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple assignments/projects in a team environment
• Experience working collaboratively with a brand development, political campaign or issue-based persuasion effort to create integrated online and offline campaigns that deliver key messages in the digital space
• Expert proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically MS Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint; HTML programming proficiency; experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Flash, Fireworks, Contribute.
The 2012 Democratic Host Committee is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The 2012 Democratic Host Committee will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.