RFP for Graphic Design and Creative Services
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS CREATIVE AND GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES
Release Date: November 15, 2011
Due Date: December 1, 2011
Inquiries about this Request for Proposals should be directed to Tracy Russ, Senior Advisor for Communications & Marketing by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Host Committee for the 2012 Democratic National Convention requests proposals for creative and graphic design services in support of its mission and work leading up to, and during, the Convention being held during the week of September 3, 2012.
Mission and Structure of the Host Committee
The Host Committee has three primary responsibilities:
• Fulfill contractual obligations to the Democratic National Convention Committee.
• To engage a cross-section of the Charlotte regional community in the Convention effort.
• To “tell the Charlotte story” and raise the profile and build point of presence for the Charlotte regional community.
The Host Committee is a non-partisan, non-profit organization.
Scope of Work
The Host Committee seeks to create and support a Charlotte brand experience that will reinforce a positive brand image of the Charlotte region throughout the U.S. and the world in the months leading up to, and during, the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
As a part of building a brand experience, the Host Committee requests proposals for creative design services and aligned additional possible services, with the scope of work to include (but not limited to) the following:
• Banners, signs, visual displays and other on-ground visual presence. • Vehicle and other transportation “wrap” design. • Electronic display design in large format for projection onto buildings and other structures. • Electronic outreach tools, including newsletter, communiqués, and other forms of outreach. • Printed collateral materials • Event signage and materials. • Volunteer and staff clothing, and also accessories. • Production of intros for internally-produced videos • Coordination with other internal staff and external vendors and suppliers as needed. • Concept illustration or storyboarding for various projects. • Coordination for production needs, quality assurance and final delivery.
In addition to these considerations, the respondent should also be prepared to:
• Create production and use guidelines that include the currently available Host Committee logo and the official 2012 Democratic National Convention logo.
• Attend design presentation review meetings, and work collaboratively with Host Committee staff in arriving at final design directions.
• Serve as liaison and project manager for all print vendors in order to ensure deliverables are produced satisfactorily and within deadline.
• Apprise Host Committee staff of billing hours in a timely fashion as well as adhere to contracted fee schedule.
Responses to this Request should be directed to Tracy Russ, Senior Advisor for Communications & Marketing via email to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 1, 2011.
All proposals submitted in response to this RFP must fully and directly address fulfillment of the scope of work and qualifications to do the same. The following must be included in the proposal:
• The company name, the name of a contact person, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, email address and website;
• A concise description of Respondent’s principal business including company background, characteristics of business strength, and products and services offered.
• A discussion of Respondent’s experience in providing deliverables similar in size, complexity and nature to those requested in this RFP.
• Links to examples of Respondent’s work.
• At least two (2) references for similar projects completed by the Respondent, including name of organization, name of contact person, address, telephone number and email.
• A discussion of the company’s ability to complete projects within the Host Committee’s desired timelines.
• A compensation scenario.
The Respondent whose credentials and submittal best meets the Host Committee’s needs will be selected. The award is subject to review and approval of the Host Committee based on the following:
• Thoroughness of proposal. • Responsiveness of proposal to RFP. • Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and desired outcomes of this project. • Quality of samples provided. • Cost will be considered but will not be the deciding factor in selecting the winning proposal. • Listing in Vendor Directory at Charlottein2012.com • Interviews may be required as part of the review and selection process - only a portion of the respondents will be asked to participate in interviews.
The Host Committee reserves the right to reject all submittals.
Goods and Services procurement statement
The Committee for Charlotte 2012 encourages all firms to submit proposals for goods and services. The Committee works to have an inclusive procurement process in which all firms are welcome to bid. We put a priority on goods made in America and businesses that are based in the Carolinas, party to a collective bargaining agreement, and are minority, women, disability or veteran owned. There is no “pecking order” of these priorities, rather, we examine all bids in their totality.
Respondents are expected to list their business on the Vendor Directory at charlottein2012.com prior to responding to this RFP if they have not already done so. Selection Schedule
11/15/11 RFP release date 12/1 at 5:00 p.m. Complete and final proposals due via e-mail to Tracy Russ at firstname.lastname@example.org. 12/1 – 12/8 Evaluation and interviews 12/9/11 Selection notification
Restrictions and Additional Considerations
• City Employee Conflict Provision - no proposal shall be from, or contract awarded to, any Host Committee employee or City of Charlotte official who submits a proposal or solicits any contract in which he or she may have any direct or indirect interest.
• Proposal Binding - by signing and submitting its proposal, each respondent agrees that the contents of its proposal are available for establishment of final contractual obligations for a minimum of 30 calendar days from the application deadline for this RFP. A respondent’s refusal to enter into a contract which reflects the terms and conditions of this notice of contract opportunity, Host Committee vendor requirements or respondent’s proposal may, in the Host Committee’s sole discretion, result in rejection of respondent’s proposal or termination of any negotiations with the respondent.
• Questions relating to the RFP - All questions concerning this RFP must be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com.